With the increase in cyber crimes, we urge you to be on the look out for scams and take steps to secure your personal information.
Practical steps you can take to protect your personal information include:
- Regularly monitoring your account activity and reporting any unauthorised activity to us as soon as possible
- Change your online banking and email passwords or other passwords on websites or apps that payments are made from
- If in doubt, request a copy of your credit report or set up alerts to alert you to any accounts or loans being taken out in your name
- Never provide your personal details to anyone who contacts you by phone
- Take care when responding to emails and SMS, even if it seems genuine
- Call us immediately on 1300 36 2000 if you have noticed any suspicious transactions or if you have any concerns
For more detailed information about protecting yourself from scams, visit the Scamwatch website.