We are aware of telephone scammers pretending to be our staff and ringing members about their bank account security.
The fraudsters advise that you have a security problem and ask you to install a remote access application, often this is the "Team Viewer" app, which allows the fraudsters access to your computer and capture your internet banking logging details.
The scammers then ask you to transfer funds from an account to another, then advise that the funds were transferred back to the original account. With this information they are then able to log on and transfer funds out of the your account.
Keep safe from phone scams by:
- Hang up on unsolicited callers, particularly those requesting you download software
- Keep all access codes (e.g. card PIN, Online Banking password etc. ) secret and secure. We’ll never ask for this information over the phone or via email. You should never share these codes with anyone
- If you're unsure, call back on a trusted number (i.e. phone book or company website) to confirm if the caller was genuine
- Never give a stranger remote access to your computer
- Keep your computer protected by running and updating security software purchased from trusted sources
- If you think you've fallen for the scam, contact us immediately on 1300 36 2000.