Before you proceed with your application, make sure you have the following details sorted.
Proof of income
- Income details for each applicant
- Two copies of your most recent payslips or a letter from your employer confirming your employment status and income
- Current Centrelink details if applicable (e.g. family allowance, pension)
- If you are self-employed you will need your tax returns and profit and loss statements for the last 2 years
- Your current employer's details (name, address and phone number)
- If you have not been in your current job for three years, the details of your previous employment
Proof of identity is not required to apply for the loan, however you will be required to supply suitable identification at a later date as listed below.
- If you are an existing member, your membership number
- If you have not been living at your current address for at least two years, the details of your previous address
- Details of your assets including bank accounts, shares, life insurance, motor vehicles and personal effects
- We will require verification for certain assets, for example rates notice if you own a property or rent receipts if you have an investment property.
- Details of your financial commitments (eg. payments made on other loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc). We will require recent statements.
If you are applying for a Car Loan you will also need to provide details (where available) of the vehicle you plan to purchase:
- Dealer's invoice
- Copy of current registration papers
- If a private sale, copy of current registration paper
- Proof of insurance cover
If you are applying for a Home Loan you will also need to provide details (where available) of the property you are purchasing:
- Details of location
- Type of property
- Purchase price
- Your monetary contribution
- Name of agent or private vendor
- Name of your solicitor
If you are applying to consolidate your loans you will need to provide:
- Current statements of all existing loans and credit cards
- Obtain a payout figure from the lender