Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 7:00pm (AEST)
The Australian Government's Home Guarantee Scheme can be a lifeline for home buyers who find it challenging to save the conventional 20% deposit required to purchase a home.
The Scheme includes three types of Guarantees below.
* Credit eligibility, Scheme eligibility, terms and conditions, additional fees & charges may apply. New loans only. Valuation fee waived for one property only. Unity Bank is authorised to offer the Australian Government’s Home Guarantee Scheme under which the Government guarantees up to 15% of the value of the property (FHBG and RFHBG) and up to 18% for FHG. The Guarantees are not cash payments or deposits for your home loan. Purchasers must be Australian citizens or permanent residents, at least 18 years of age, meet income caps and occupy the home as their principal place of residence. Target Market Determination available here. The information on this page is correct at the time of publishing but may change at any time without notice to you.
** Eligibility criteria terms and conditions apply to our Unity Bank Products and scheme eligibility applies to the Government Schemes. Fees & charges may apply. Any general advice or information on this podcast does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please review our Disclosure Documents before acquiring any product. For full information on these options go to www.unitybank.com.au/explore-our-first-home-pathways.html. Unity Bank Limited. ABN 11 087 650 315. AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 240399
1. FHG is only available for eligible single natural or adoptive parents or eligible single legal guardians of at least one dependent, who do not own property on the date of loan execution. For more information click Family Home Guarantee (PDF).
2. FHBG and RFHBG are only available for first home buyers or previous home owners who haven’t owned a property in the ten years prior to the date they execute their home loan. For more information click First Home Guarantee (PDF) or Regional First Home Buyer Guarantee (PDF).
3. Regional area is defined by the Australian Bureau of Statistics as an Australian Statistical Geography Standard 2016 Statistical Area Level 4 (ASGS SA4 2016). The greater capital city areas of each state and the NT; and the entire ACT are excluded from the RFHBG. For more information click here.
4. Minimum redraw amount is $100 and the amount to cover one (1) repayment (whether that be monthly, fortnightly or weekly) must be left in advance.
5. For Home Guarantee Scheme, permanent residents include New Zealand citizens for the purposes of citizenship applications only.
6. Joint applicants may include partners, friends, siblings, and other family members.